- Departments L - Z
- Civil Process Team
- Required Documents
Real Property Sale Requirements
Requirements for Service of Civil Process - a list of what's required
- You will need to look at the list for all of the necessary documents. The documents that are required, and harder to locate, are as follows:
If you would like to print the following instructions click here
For garnishments and levies you will need the following documents:
- Notice of Garnishment
- Interrogatories to Garnishee
- Claim of Exemption forms (3 separate documents)
These forms can be found using the following links to the State Supreme Court websites.
NOTE* the documents will download in WORD format and can be completed before printing.
- View the Notice of Garnishment, in step five. https://courtselfhelp.idaho.gov/Forms/Claims
- Choose “Enforcing a Small Claims Judgment” - *you may adapt this form for non-small claims cases
Select one of these options:
- Open PDF Files (to print and fill out)
- Open RTF files (to be completed online)
Step 5, under Writ of Execution, #3 Notice of Garnishment
You must complete the heading portion, including your information at the top left-hand corner and the case information (found on your writ from the court: court number, county name, case number, and plaintiff and defendant name/s). Do not date or sign; that section will be completed by the sheriff’s office! We require two copies of this document.
View “Interrogatories to Garnishee” and Claim of Exemption forms.
Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, appendix b. The “interrogatories to garnishee” page is under rule 69.1 (d) and the claim of exemption documents are under rule 69.1 (a), (b) and (c)
- For the Interrogatories to Garnishee:
You must complete the heading portion, including your information at the top left-hand corner, and the case information (court number and name, case number, plaintiff and defendant’s names). Do not answer the questions! We require two copies of this document.
- For the Claim of Exemptions documents:
- On the “notice of exemptions” 69.1 (a) - you must complete the blank for the amount owed, the blank for your name, and the blank for the sheriff’s office address (mid-way down the page),
- On the “instructions to debtors and third parties” page 69.1 (b)-you must complete the blank for the sheriff’s office address
- Print the blank “claim of exemption or third party claim” 69.1 (c) - do not mark anything on this form, it is for the defendant to use if they choose to file a claim
We need one set of these documents for wage garnishments and two sets for bank levies.